For Fall 2022, Divisions are as follows:
- Kinderpints . U6 ....12/1/16 – 11/30/17
- Half Pints ... U8 ....12/1/14 – 11/30/16
- Pints ......... U10 ... 12/1/12 – 11/30/14 Click here for theMatrix 2022 Age
- Quarts ....... U12 ... 12/1/10 – 11/30/12
- Gallons ...... U14 ... 12/1/08 – 11/30/10
- Kegs ......... U18 ... 12/1/03 – 11/30/08
(Please note: Division designations ( ie., U6, U8, etc.) are based on age as of December 1, 2022. This coincides with the school entrance requirements).
Following is a brief description of each division:
- Kinderpints (U6) - The Kinderpints program runs for 7 weeks and is an introduction to the game of soccer. The children are not placed on teams; they split into groups each week and practice together learning basic soccer skills while we make sure they are having fun. The children are all provided a uniform shirt and ball.
- Half-Pints (U8)* - Half-pints teams consist of 9-12 children per team. Their 1.5 hour Saturday session is divided in half with the first 45 minutes being a practice with their team and the second 45 minutes being a 'game' against another half-pint team. The games are 'small sided' 4v4 with two games being played at a time. This keeps all the children involved yet still gives them 'rest' time and water breaks. Small, foldable nets are used; however, goalies are not used at this level. Games are scheduled on Saturdays anytime from 9am to 1:30pm.
- Pints (U10)* - Pints teams consist of 10-12 players per team. Games are 7v7 including a goalie.
- Quarts (U12)* - Quarts teams consist of 12-14 players per team. Games are 9v9 including a goalie.
- Gallons (U14) - Gallons teams consist of 13-15 players per team. Games are 11v11 including a goalie.
- Kegs (U18) - Kegs teams consist of ~18 players per team. Games are 11v11 including a goalie.
* Games are scheduled on Saturdays anytime from 9am to 1:30pm. EMW soccer asks coaches to schedule 2-4 practices before the season begins for U8, U10 and U12 divisions. However, it is not required and is based on the coach's availability.